The City of Grovetown is committed to providing each of its eligible residents with the opportunity to exercise his or her right to vote in an efficient and equitable manner in accordance with the Constitutions of the United States and the Code of Georgia.
The Columbia County Board of Elections office conducts all elections for Columbia County, including Grovetown city elections. City elections are conducted every four years at the following voting precincts:
|030||Grovetown City Hall, 103 Old Wrightsboro Rd.|
|031||Grovetown United Methodist Church, 206 East Robinson Ave.|
|033||Grovetown Middle School, 5463 Harlem Grovetown Rd.|
Congressional District: 10
State Senate District: 24
State House of Representatives District: 117
Columbia County Commission District: 4
Board of Education District: 4
City voters may register at the Grovetown City Hall. To register to vote you must be:
- A citizen of the United States
- A legal resident of Georgia and of the city and county in which you wish to vote
- At least 18 years of age by election day
You may not register to vote if you are currently:
- Serving any sentence imposed by the conviction of a felony
- Judicially determined to be mentally incompetent
In the state of Georgia, you do not have to register by political party to vote in the state's regular primaries or general elections.
You may register to vote at any time, but you must be registered by the close of registration prior to an election if you wish to vote on election day, i.e., the application must be postmarked by the voter registration deadline. If you are not registered to vote, register today.
If you are registering for the first time in Georgia, and you register by mail, you are required to show one of the acceptable types of identification by:
- mailing a copy of the identification with your voter registration application
- providing a copy of the identification to the registrar during the absentee voting process.
Click Here for more information on voting in Columbia County and Georgia.