Parks and Recreation
The City of Grovetown Parks and Recreation Department seeks to provide safe and enjoyable recreation and leisure opportunities for a diverse population, increase tourism, initiate beautification projects, and promote environmental awareness. Recreation plays an important part in keeping our minds and bodies fit and active. We invite you to visit our parks, participate in our special events or recreation programs soon.
- Maintains the grounds in and around the parks and various buildings throughout the City
- Maintains greenways within the city limits
- Sets up practice games for various ball teams
- Works closely with Columbia County to provide fields for baseball games
- Provides set up assistance for the Heritage Festival
- Provides set up assistance for the 4th of July Free BBQ
- Provides assistance for other City Departments for Christmas lights, tree lighting, and Christmas parade
- Assists other City departments as needed during the year
- To obtain forms to reserve gym or meeting room at gym, please see Online Forms-Document Center click on Forms and Applications. Applications can also be obtained at Liberty Park Community Center.
Eddie Jones is supervisor of Parks and Recreation. Jones has been employed with the city for many years and was appointed supervisor of Parks and Recreation in late 2006. Some of his responsibilities include scheduling ballgames, maintenance of ball fields at Liberty Park and Goodale Park, and supervising the new Liberty Park Community Center on Newmantown Road. Jones may be contacted at 706-860-7691.