The Grovetown Water and Wastewater Department is responsible for the local water supply, preventive maintenance, and operation and repair of the water system and distribution system.
The City of Grovetown owns one well, which is currently not online. There are three county booster stations, producing approximately 19 million gallons of water per month. The City's three elevated water storage tanks hold 1.4 million gallons of water.
The City of Grovetown Water and Wastewater Department is responsible for the following services:
- Chemical testing of all water within the City limits to ensure the water is safe for consumption; this includes testing of City wells, county booster stations, and various addresses within the City for State-mandated testing
- Repairs to water meters, water valves, and hydrants
- Reading meters at residences and businesses for monthly water billing purposes
- Installation of new water lines in the city limits
- Responds to all customer service calls for water issues
- Installation and replacement of water meters
- Maintenance of water easements